Posted by :Harvey Martens On : May 29, 2014
Somebody recently asked why SugarLike is better than anything else – Stevia, Xyletol etc. Here are six reasons than come to mind.
1. SugarLike is best tasting alternative to sugar – taste is like sugar, not a hint of monk fruit metallic taste or distinctive flavor.
2. SugarLike is 1X, same sweetness as sugar. Not concentrated, so you don’t have to measure or change your recipe or usage.
3. SugarLike is not concentrated so you can easily taste it as is. (concentrated sweeteners are often bitter to taste)
4. SugarLike is not concentrated so no need to fill the recipe with something else to replace the sugar content.
5. SugarLike is zero Calorie Sweetener so diabetics and health consious people can enjoy sweet foods without added calories
6. SugarLike has zero GI. Glycemic Index measures the blood glucose spike that comes right after eating sugar. Many of the so-called healthy sweeteners have very high GI. e.g. Agave, Evaporated cane juice.
SugarLike Monk Fruit is available online and at natural food retailers across Canada.
We see a new project at many food manufacturers these days – to replace sucralose instead of replacing sugar.
Sucralose has enjoyed a good run. For many years, sucralose was a popular sweetener but times have changed. A few years ago, the patent on making sucralose ran out. After that, the market was flooded with sucralose from Asia. Prices tumbled.
Now, a new challenge faces the makers of this artificial sweetener. The contender is ‘NATURAL’. Artificially sweetened products are out. Naturally sweetened products are in.
Fortunately, SugarLike is completely natural. Nothing artificial. So food manufacturers can deliver great tasting products, sweetened with natural SugarLike.
Here is a typical story about how our SugarLike Sweeteners are received. A food manufacturer wants to achieve sugar reduction, but will not compromise on taste. After all, they got here by offering a fantastic product that their consumers love.
But consumers are also interested in being healthy. There is a growing demand for sugar reduced food.
Many companies have turned to artificial sweeteners like aspartame or sucralose but problems with these ingredients are starting to be revealed. The consumer wants only natural ingredients, now.
For sweeteners, that’s been stevia. But stevia has quite a few problems – a strong aftertaste or bitterness, sometimes called metalic or licorice. At NutraEx, we found the secret to blending stevia with other components to mask this effect.
Every other supplier claims their product has no bitterness. But, when we go head-to-head with market products, we win. While other companies can only achieve 30-40% sugar reduction with stevia, we can deliver stevia based sweeteners with 50% sugar reduced, 75% sugar reduced, even completely sugar free. The difference with our sweetener is ours really does ‘Tastes like Sugar‘.
The proof is in blind taste tests over and over again. We make several prototypes with simple ingredients and sweeten them with different formulations. When the customer tastes them, they often can’t tell which is made with sugar and which is made with SugarLike.
We have sufficient scale to meet any manufacturer’s present and future needs. Our proprietary, patented micro encapsulation process improves the taste profile even more, while making the product look like sugar, too. No more dust from dry powder sweeteners on production machinery. And this leads to even distribution in the final product.